CHEF MANAGER - QUANTUM CARE - RICKMANSWORTH - HERTS
Rickmansworth / Hertfordshire WD3 7EJ
22,039 per annum
|JOB TITLE:||Chef Manager|
|SALARY:||£22,039 per annum|
COMPANY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- To prepare meals for all customers in accordance with Quantum Care standards.
- To organise and undertake cleaning rotas which ensure the catering area and all equipment is kept clean and safe at all times.
- To plan staff rotas which are appropriate for the kitchen workload and arrange cover for planned absences, using existing and casual staff.
- To order all provisions required for the Home following Quantum Care guidelines and procedures.
- To maintain records relating to all aspects of the catering operation which fulfil all legal and company requirements.
- To ensure regular stock takes occur and that stock is maintained at minimum agreed levels.
- To communicate with all customers on a regular basis whenever possible.
- To incorporate the dietary requirements of all residents into the daily menu offered. This must include any religious or ethnic needs.
- To identify the training needs of catering staff and plan training that will meet these needs.
- To comply with all legal requirements relating to the catering operation.
- To ensure all statutory training takes place.
- To manage the catering budget and produce financial information relating to performance against budget on a monthly basis. Agree any action to be taken in the event of an overspend.
- To arrange and participate in staff meetings and supervision sessions.
- To report any equipment which may be dangerous or defective.
- To attend regular and ad-hoc training sessions or meetings as required.
- To undertake any other duties, depending on skills and competency, to assist with the efficient running of the Home
- Trustworthy and able to deal confidentially with Residents’ and business information.
- Ability to plan, prepare, cook and serve nutritious well-balanced and varied meals including special dietary needs.
- A recognised professional catering qualification.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good organisational and team leadership skills.
- Ability to manage own time and resources.
- Ability to forward plan, keep accurate records and maintain stocks.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety practices in the workplace
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate and the desire and ability to develop new skills.
- General awareness of Health and Safety legislation and safe food handling and hygiene regulations.
- Good computer skills in E mail, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Willing to attend any relevant training.
- Experience of planning menus, food preparation and staff management.
- Experience in the use of industrial kitchen equipment
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a high standard of food service.
- Previous experience of working within budget guidelines.
- Previous experience in a similar role and environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the capacity to become an integrated member of the care management team.
- Show initiative, creativity and understanding in the preparation and serving of food.
- Sensitive to the needs of older people
- Neat and tidy in appearance
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE “CLICK HERE BUTTON.........