SOUS CHEF - NEW OPENING - NATURAL FAST FOOD CONCEPT - NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Newcastle upon Tyne / Tyne and Wear NE2 1QP
Competitive per annum
Enjoy our delicious food on your paid break, Celebrate together as a team with regular parties, Paid day off for your birthday, Quarterly bonus scheme on meeting sales targets, An environment where you can learn and develop your skills
|JOB TITLE:||Sous Chef|
|HOURS:||Full time permanent position|
COMPANY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
Experienced, energetic, forward-thinking, full time Sous Chef wanted for a vibrant new natural fast food restaurant.
At Canaca we are passionate about food and we’re looking for an experienced, forward-thinking Sous Chef who is passionate about culinary arts and who shares our commitment and vision of building a successful and financially credible business.
As a new business, you will have the opportunity to be part of the fun and friendly team. Working directly with the energetic owners. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. The Sous Chef will have at least 4 years experience working in a commercial kitchen and will be responsible for assigning work in the kitchen, preparing food, interviewing and training staff, kitchen inventory management and partnering with the owners to come up with delectable new dishes to add to our growing menu.
Your responsibilities will be wide and varied and will include:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Assist with menu planning and development.
- Keep up with industry trends and create new recipes in collaboration with the owners.
- Cooking and preparing food ordered, carefully and efficiently.
- Provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel.
- Ensure all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet Canaca’s specifications
- Commitment to quality, Food Hygiene, HACCP and Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintaining consistency throughout the day in the various products we have on offer.
- Managing stock levels and reordering where necessary.
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean kitchen.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- High degree of consistency and attention to detail.
- Constantly strive to deliver high standards of service and quality.
- Precise time keeping.
- Confident to work in sight of customers.
- Friendly, social and approachable.
- Up to date with current and future nationwide and international food trends/ingredients.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team player,
- 5 years experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Experience in working under pressure in a fast food operational system.
- Previous experience in baking.
- A good knowledge and understanding of menu costing.
- Allergen control systems and procedures.
- Able to take direction from the business owners.
If you would like to become part of our vibrant team at Canaca, please send us your CV today.
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE “CLICK HERE BUTTON.........