COMMIS CHEF - HEATHROW AIRPORT
Heathrow / Surrey TW6 1EW
£8.50 per hour
|JOB TITLE:||Commis Chef|
Shift work – 4.30am -23.00pm
COMPANY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
Performance areas Duties
Food preparation/ execution
- Ensure all food preparation is made and executed to Company standards in presentation, quantity and freshness
- Communicate with kitchen and store management team to ensure adequate stocking of all prepared items.
- Ensure correct use of allocated colour knife and board for all food preparation in line with Food Safety regulations
- Ensure correct receipt of deliveries including temperature, expiry date, intact packaging and checking against delivery note
- Refuse any delivery not matching Company set requirements and report immediately to a member of the store management team
- Ensure correct storage of all deliveries in accordance with unit’s requirements, Company set requirements and UK/EU Food Safety regulations
- Ensure rotation of stock following the “FIFO” (First In First Out) rule
- Ensure wastage is kept to a minimum whenever possible.
- Ensure correct and safe use of all Company equipment at all times in accordance with Company set requirements and Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure correct use of Personal Protective Equipment whenever necessary
- Ensure any equipment dysfunction or maintenance issues are reported to the store management team immediately.
- Ensure any Company equipment is always in good working condition and report any operational problem to the manager on the duty immediately
- Responsible for cleaning of equipment on regular basis in accordance with cleaning schedules.
- Ensure any dangerous items are safely isolated before maintaining of cleaning in line with Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensure equipment is disassembled before cleaning if necessary
- Responsible for using correct cleaning product in the indicated manner for cleaning equipment in line with Company and/or manufacturer set requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness throughout shift in kitchen and storage areas including sanitising of surfaces and equipment in accordance with cleaning schedules.
- Assist store management with cleanliness of any other areas in store when requested.
- Ensure correct use of Personal Protective Equipment whenever necessary and inaccordance with COSHH guidelines.
- Ensure chemicals are stored and used correctly in accordance with COSHH regulations and Company set requirements.
- Ensure refuse is taken out whenever required or at the prescribed times and at the correct location.
- Ensure full completion of duties for unit opening and closing.
- Assist the management team with the ordering of cleaning products.
- Team work Work in tandem with work colleagues in order to provide guests with the most efficient service
- Work in tandem with work colleagues to ensure full availability of equipment, crockery, cutlery and glassware throughout the day
- Develop good communication with work colleagues to help maintain team spirit
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE “CLICK HERE BUTTON.........