Hampshire / South East SO50 4LF
Chef apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12-month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position.
As a Chef Apprentice, you're an essential part of running of the business, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about working their way up within a professional kitchen and delivering the best possible guest experience and products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Learning from more experienced team members how to work/run a busy section within a professional kitchen
- Work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
- Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed, by using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy
- Work safely around kitchen equipment
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
GAINING YOUR QUALIFICATION
In addition to your role, you will be given tasks and training to help you achieve Level 2 Certificate in Food production and Cooking (all learners need to achieve Functional Skills L1/L2 in English and Maths to proceed with the course).
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Pride in delivering excellent guest service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance with high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any hospitality role
- Be aged 16 – 24
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Not be in full time education or hold a degree or same level qualification
- Not have any criminal convictions
- No previous experience or qualifications are required, we are looking for your potential and personality.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS:
- Guest Obsessed
Acts with the guest in mind and goes the extra mile.
- Win with Our People
A supportive, hard-working, and positive individual with a ‘one team’ attitude and outlook.
- Drive for Results
Driven to exceed business targets for self and team balancing the need for results and quality standards.
- Communicating with Clarity
Communicates clearly and articulately and adapts communication style to suit their audience.
- Handling Pressure & Problems
Operates well under pressure, using initiative and remaining positive when confronted with problems.
Few companies offer the sheer breadth of job opportunities we do. As one of the largest managed pub and restaurant companies in the UK, Mitchells & Butlers operate nationally across 1700 pubs and restaurants, with exciting brand names such as ALL BAR ONE, BROWNS, CASTLE, NICHOLSON’S, EMBER INNS, CROWN CARVERIES, O’NEILLS, OAK TREE, SIZZLING PUBS, HARVESTER, TOBY CARVERY, VINTAGE INNS, STONEHOUSE PIZZA AND CARVERY, ORCHID PUBS, ALEX, MILLER & CARTER, INNKEEPERS LODGE...