CHEF - THE POINT BAR AND GRILL - EXMOUTH - DEVON
Exmouth / Devon EX8 1XA
Competitive per annum
|HOURS:||Full Time permanent position|
COMPANY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
Experienced Chef sought to join our kitchen team at our busy bar and restaurant on the waterside at Exmouth Marina.
Serving a range of British foods in a casual dining atmosphere from a more basic sandwich and fish & chip and grill trade to more a sophisticated a la carte menu in the evenings and ever changing specials. We make the best use of seasonal local ingredients. We serve breakfast at weekends and move to all day food service as the season intensifies
The business has undergone a period of rapid growth and this represents an exciting opertunity for an enthusiastic professional to get on board now and join us a we continue to evolve and develop. We have various additional projects planned.
Due to seasonal nature of this business hours will vary throughout the year but this is a full-time position and at this time of year we are expecting 20-30 hours which is likely to rise significantly during busy periods, there will be some split shifts. We will offer as much flexibility as is practical in return for a flexible an co-operative approach from the successful applicant.
The successful candidate must be a flexible team player, well presented, willing to help out in all areas and able to work holidays and anti-social hours. They will be able to work and remain calm under pressure and have the ability to get things done on their own initiative. Time keeping and professionalism are requisite.
Only those with a 'Can Do' attitude will be considered. References will be required and checked.
Pay depending on experience. Please only apply if you have a minimum of 1 year experience in kitchen environment.
Responsibilities and Duties-
- Assist the head chef in all duties.
- All of the following where required:
- Working hot side or at the pass as required.
- Close down cleaning and Deep Cleans.
- Supervision of junior staff / KP.
- Communicate with front of house before, during and after service.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one year in a similar role, preferably with more years experience in a kitchen.
- Formal qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- All full time employees are automatically enrolled on the NEST pension scheme (opt out is an option).
- Attractive salary depending on experience.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Chef: 1 year
- Secondary education
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE “CLICK HERE BUTTON.........