EXECUTIVE CHEF - CHEF - MARRIOTT HOTEL KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA
Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia
Competitive per annum
|JOB TITLE:||Executive Chef|
|HOURS:||Fulkl time permanent position|
COMPANY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Hotel.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparationis economical and technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consi stently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
Skills and Specifications:
- Must have a passion and love for food
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Public relations skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Works well under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Previous experience with control food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
- Premise and
- liability accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable.
The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree , related culinary degree Or over 3 years of industry and culinary management experience.
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE “CLICK HERE BUTTON.........