RUN A PUB – RETAIL PUB BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY - LIVE IN ACCOMMODATION - THE HORSE AND GROOM - PUNCH - READING
Reading / Berkshire RG7 3RD
|JOB TITLE:||Pub Manager - Run A Pub|
|LOCATION:||The Street, Mortimer Common, Reading RG7 3RD, UK|
|HOURS:||Full Time Permanent Position|
|PUB ANNUAL TURNOVER:||£748.301|
COMPANY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
Looking to run a pub?
The Horse & Groom, Mortimer, Berkshire is lovely Cask Marque community village pub which is undergoing a significant refurbishment to enhance the trading areas and give the pub a beautiful new look and feel throughout. Situated in a desirable village on Mortimer Common, opposite the Mortimer Cricket Club and close by the village school there are residents within walking distance and then surrounding villages in the wider area. Reading is also just 4 miles away.
Business Facilities & Refurbishment
- Punch are investing in a completely new look and feel for this pub, we are creating a much improved layout for the trading areas, so it will be completely different to the way it currently appears.
- The exterior is to have a fresh look, with new signage, lighting and decoration.
- We are investing to extend the dining area increasing covers to 134, there will be beautiful new décor across all trading areas, new flooring and tiles and back of house will also be given new décor and flooring as required. The pub will also have redecorated toilets and flooring and tiles.
- The pub also has a beer garden for warmer months.
- Take a look at the full details in the design pack below.
- The domestic accommodation will include two bedrooms.
About the local area
The village of Mortimer is about 4 miles from Reading, with great road and rail links to London and the West Country. The village is surrounded by open countryside with plenty of local walks, the village school is next door to the pub and its opposite Mortimer Cricket Club. The village residents live in a mixture of well-established housing and new builds (many of which is in walking distance) and is growing due to the proximity to Reading. There are also a number of villages in the wider area who are within easy driving distance for an evening or weekend meal or to meet with friends.
This pub may suit
This pub would suit an operator with catering experience, ideally from a managed house or maybe a retail background. You will be keen to create a welcoming pub and to develop this business to its full potential, drive a team and establish it as a popular dining venue which will be known for its service and high standards in the local area.
About the Contract
Our retail contract is a fantastic way to run a pub on a self-employed basis, but have the comfort and support of knowing that we are right beside you to guide you through this business venture
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that the fixed costs associated with running a small business are not yours. Leaving you free to focus entirely on delivering a great retail offer to drive sales and profit.
What’s on Offer
- Low cost entry
- A ready-made pub with tried and tested food and drinks offers
- 3-year contract (3-month notice period) rent free
- Most of the day to day running costs are covered by us
- LOTS of support from Punch
- Accommodation included
- 5-day Induction course – free of charge is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated Punch Development Manager to help you develop your business
You only pay for:
- Internal Maintenance
* The calculation of the initial ingoing costs assumes a minimum deposit (£3,000 or £5,000) plus legal fees. The subsequent deposit build up can be paid over the term of the contract and up to £100 per week. This can be discussed with the Punch Development Manager*
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE “CLICK HERE BUTTON.........