hospitality jobs uk

Search today for the best Chef & Hospitality jobs

Where do I go
  • Where do I go for practical advice when I want to learn to drive?
  • Where do I go to get all that I need when I go travelling in my gap year?
  • Where do I go to prepare for my dream job?
  • Where do I go to open a bank account?

There are so many things you will need to know to start you on the magical journey of your life and Where do I go is designed especially to help you along the way.

So if you have Are you studying or have you just completed your studies? If so welcome to Where do I go

Where do I go provides you with all the tools you need to help you open a bank account, get your provisional driving license or simply applying for a passport and many more day to day life needs.

We've put everything you need in one place....

.....making it easy for you to sort out all your paperwork stuff.! Plus we've gone one step further and partnered with a Hospitality Jobs UK for you to either gain full time employment, start an apprenticeship scheme or maybe work part time whilst you go off to Uni or College.


Everyone should be able to access good-quality NHS dental services.

There is no need to register with a dentist in the same way as with a GP because you are not bound to a catchment area.

Simply find a dental practice that's convenient for you, whether it's near your home or work, and phone them to see if there are any appointments available.

If you do not have a regular dental practice or are new to the area, you can search for an NHS dentist near you on this site.

Dental practices won't always have the capacity to take on new NHS patients - you may have to join a waiting list, look for a different dentist who is taking on new NHS patients, or be seen privately.

Once you find a dental practice, you may have to fill in a registration form at your first visit, which is purely to add you to their patient database. However, that does not mean you have guaranteed access to an NHS dental appointment in the future.

Problems finding an NHS dentist?

If after contacting several dental practices you still can't find a dentist accepting NHS patients, you should call NHS England's Customer Contact Centre on 0300 311 2233. NHS England commissions dental services in England and is required to meet the needs of their local population for both urgent and routine dental care.

Your local Healthwatch also may be able to give you information about services in your area.

Electoral Register - Voting

The electoral register (sometimes called the 'electoral roll') lists the names and addresses of everyone who's registered to vote.

Get on the electoral register (or update your details)

Use the register to vote service to:

  • get on the electoral register
  • update your details (eg change your name or address)
  • To be eligible to register to vote, a person must be:16 or over in England and Wales (but you cannot vote until you are 18); or 14 or over in Scotland (but you cannot vote in local elections and elections to the Scottish Parliament until you are 16 or elections to the UK and European Parliaments until you are 18) 
    * a British, Irish, EU or qualifying Commonwealth citizen

Contact your local Electoral Registration Office if you're not sure whether you're already on the register

What happens if you don't register

You must register to vote if you're asked to do so and you meet the conditions for registering, eg you're 16 or over and you're British or a national of an EU or Commonwealth country.

If you're asked to register and don't do so, your local Electoral Registration Office could fine you £80.

You won't be fined if you have a valid reason for not registering, eg a long stay in hospital, or you have severe learning difficulties.

When you can register in more than one place

It's sometimes possible to register at 2 addresses (though you can only vote once in any election).

For example, if you're a student with different home and term-time addresses, you may be able to register at both. Use the register to vote service to make 2 separate applications. Your local Electoral Registration Office will look at each application and tell you whether you're allowed to register.

Drivers License

To get your first provisional driving licence online for a moped, motorbike or car you must:

  • be at least 15 years and 9 months old
  • be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away
  • provide an identity document unless you have a valid UK biometric passport
  • provide addresses where you've lived over the last 3 years
  • pay £34 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
  • have your National Insurance number if known Your licence should arrive within one week if you apply online

When you can apply

You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you're 15 years and 9 months old.

When you have your provisional driving licence you can:

  • ride a moped or light quad bike when you're 16
  • drive a car when you're 17

Your licence will say when you can start driving different vehicles. Read more about the age you can start driving different vehicles.

You can drive a car when you are 16 if you get, or have applied for, the enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).


You will more than likely already be registered with your family GP but once you move out you really must register with a local doctors.

GPs deal with a whole range of health problems. They also provide health education, offer advice on smoking and diet, run clinics, give vaccinations and carry out simple surgical operations.

GPs usually work in practices as part of a team that includes nurses, healthcare assistants, practice managers, receptionists and other staff. Practices also work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as health visitors, midwives, mental health services and social care services.

You don't have to tell your current doctor you are leaving, simply find the nearest surgery, go in and sign up.

You can find a list of GP's across the UK on the NHS Choices website - Click Here

Open a bank account

Make an appointment with 2 or 3 banks in your area and go and discuss what support and offers they have for young people.

This is a very important decision as throughout your adult life there will be many occasions that will involve your bank. Banks should build a relationship with young people as essentially you are their future.

In order to open a UK bank account, you will need two documents: one to prove your identity and one to prove your address. This applies both in branch and online. Proving your identity is simple. You just need your passport, driving licence or identity card.

Getting a passport

Whether you are booking your first holiday with your friends, a day trip to Europe or travelling you must have a passport.

To apply you must have British nationality to be eligible for a British passport.

An adult passport is valid for 10 years.

Apply for a first adult passport if you're aged 16 or over (or will be within 3 weeks) and never had a child passport. You can use your child passport until it expires, even if you're over 18.

Follow the process for getting a first adult passport if the last passport you had was an old black or blue passport.